Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Taco Ring


This is a delicious, easy, comforting meal! This is adapted from a Pampered Chef recipe. You've probably had it, but in my book, it's worth remembering! Everyone is always happy when they find out what's for dinner.

1-1 1/2 # hamburger
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 sm can tomato sauce (maybe 2 if you use more hamburger)
2-3 tubes crescent rolls
lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, olives, cilantro, or other taco toppings
salsa and sour cream

Cook and drain hamburger. Stir in taco seasoning and tomato sauce. On a large pizza pan, lay out crescent triangles all around the outside of the pan with the point of the crescent triangle out over the edge. (when you're done, it'll look like a sun with rays) I use 1 # hamburger with 2 tubes of rolls and it feeds us dinner with lunch the next day for me and 2 kids. If you have a bigger family use 3 tubes and 1 1/2 # hamburger. And move your roll "sunshine" closer to the edge of the pan. This works great if you have a baking stone. Press down the rolls where they overlap, then put the meat on top. Fold the points over the hamburger and tuck under on the inside. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes. (I usually do 25, it makes the rolls crispy) When it's done, carefully slide the ring onto a serving platter. Put lettuce, cheese, etc in the middle of the ring and serve! It looks really cool like this. If I'm lazy (which I usually am), I just serve it from the stone and have the fixings on a separate plate!

I have seen different versions with salsa and some other stuff in the meat mixture, but I like this one because I always have everything on hand. Enjoy!

No comments: