Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lime Freeze

In honor of the elusive summer weather, I am posting this most delectable of summer treats.  They make these at the local drug store/soda fountain in town.  AND, since none of you EVER come and visit me, you'll never know how good they are.  SO, I am sharing this recipe.  (you can feel guilty now) I have a friend who works there, so she has made them at her home for me!  Enjoy!

Vanilla ice cream--maybe half a picher full
3-4 Fresh squeezed lime juice, to taste
Sprite, quite a bit, enough to make it thin shake consistency
Sugar, to taste (if the limes are too tart)

Put all the stuff in the blender and blend away.  Just make it taste yummy.  You can put some green food coloring in it for effect, but I try to avoid adding food coloring to my stuff.

1 comment:

Just a bed of roses said...

Oh my heck...this sounds just too good!