THESE ARE GOOOD! Got them from Family Circle October edition. I saw the picture and had to make them. Enjoy! (Note: These are definitely NOT diet friendly)
2 C all purpose flour
2 t baking powder
1 1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t salt
2 C packed light-brown sugar
1 stick butter or margarine, softened (I used butter, of course)
1 t vanilla
1 1/2 C diced golden delicious apples
3/4 C raisins
1. Heat oven to 350. Liberally coat a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, blend together sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla for 3 minutes or til smooth.
4. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; mix for 2 minutes or until just incorporated. Stir in diced apples and raisins and spread into prepared pan.
5. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting into bars and serving.
Notes from Nikki: I only used a little over 1 1/2 cups flour. This makes them nice and moist. Since it's a 1:1 sugar/flour ratio, I reduced sugar to 1 1/2 cups and they are wonderful! I haven't tried it yet, but you could easily use whole wheat flour with these. I love whole wheat! Enjoy!