Thursday, February 5, 2009

Banana Crumb Muffins

Another great recipe from Allrecipes. I get tired of making the same old banana bread with my old bananas so I made muffins instead. My family said they were really good, better than banana bread, so I think I may do this from now on with over-ripe bananas. The crumb topping makes them extra yummy from the little smidgen that I tasted (these aren't exactly a low-carb food).

1 1/2 c flour (can use some wheat if you want to be more healthy)
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
3 bananas, mashed
3/4 c sugar
1 t cinnamon
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 c melted butter (I used oil)

Topping:
1/3 c brown sugar
2 T flour
1/8 t cinnamon
1 T butter (cold is fine)

-Mix dry ingredients together; mix wet ingredients together; then mix dry into wet just until combined. Spoon into paper liners or greased muffin tin about 3/4 full.

-Mix topping ingredients until resembles cornmeal. Sprinkle generously on top of muffins. This makes plenty of topping for 12. You may even be able to get a few more muffins.

-Bake 375 for 18-20 minutes (I did 18) or until toothpick comes out clean.

-These get more moist the longer they sit. Recipe makes 12 but you may be able to get more than that.

No comments: