Monday, November 24, 2008

Butternut Squash Casserole

Ok, I know we have an over abundance of pumpkin and squash/sweet potato recipes on here but here is just one more! I first had this at our church "Super Saturday" holiday party two years ago and I was in HEAVEN! I got the recipe from Martha, the lady that made it and I haven't made it until yesterday for our Thanksgiving celebration with Kelly's family! It was a hit! I love the egg and vanilla in this and the crunchy, sweet topping! I'll be making it again for our Dale Thanksgiving this Thursday! Hope you all like it as much as I do!

1 butternut squash cut in half, seeds removed, baked until soft (375 for 1 hour)
3/4 C sugar
3/4 C butter, melted
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
1 can evaporated milk

Topping:
1 C Rice Krispies
2 T melted butter
1/2 C light brown sugar
1/2 C chopped pecans


After squash is baked, scoop out and mash (I put in food processor)
Add butter, egg, vanilla, and milk. I used unsalted butter and then added a teaspoon salt. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 375 for 1 hour. Sprinkle topping on last 10 minutes and raise heat to 400.

Note: Bake squash face down and use a little olive oil to prevent sticking. You should get 2 Cups squash. If you have more, up the ingredients and use it!

No comments: