Thursday, November 13, 2008

Yummy Dinner

I don't know what else to call this! It's a simple concoction that I came up with a couple years ago and has always been a huge hit with my family. It sounds basic and boring, but so good! (healthy too!)

1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
4 red potatoes, sliced thinly
4 carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
2 c shredded green cabbage
1/2 c water
salt & pepper to taste (I put A LOT in for good flavor!)

-In a large skillet with a lid, brown beef with onions. Add the rest of ingredients and mix well. Cover with lid and let simmer for 20 minutes or so, stirring occasionally, until veggies are tender.

-When serving, I top each plate with a pat of butter. My boys always like to add ketchup to theirs. Serve with some rolls and you've got dinner!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

"This dinner really is a Yummy Dinner", said Thomas,as we gobbled down this hearty stuff. We all loved this! And another good thing is there's enough for tomorrow night! Hooray for me! Thanks!