Sunday, January 17, 2010

Winter Salsa

Don't you miss fresh salsa in the winter??  I surely do.  I came up with this the other day.  Most Mexican resturants don't use fresh tomatoes anyway.  And who doesn't have them on hand all the time?!

1 can (15 oz) stewed tomatoes--puree, diced, whatever you like (I put mine in the blender because I don't like chunks)
jalepeno pepper, to taste
annaheim pepper, to taste
onion, to taste
green onion, to taste
1 clove garlic, minced
salt
pepper
little bit of sugar, if desired
cilantro
2-3 tsp cider vinegar, to taste  (I found the vinegar was key to making it yummy!  I don't know if lime juice might do the same thing, you might play with that)

Put tomatoes, peppers, and some of plain onion in blender.  Whirl til just blended, not pulverized.  Put in bowl and add the rest of your ingredients.  Chris is the salsa king and he LOVES this!  Now we can have good salsa all year round!

No comments: