Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Tuna/Edamame Casserole

I know, I know, tuna casserole, yuck! Well, not this one. My kids have been bugging me to make it again, it is that good. I love that I usually have these ingredients on hand, and making this helps me utilize my food storage. It really is quite good, and the edamame adds a little something extra. Make sure you add enough milk to make it moist enough. No one likes a dry tuna casserole!


16 oz. elbow macaroni
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 soup cans of milk
1 c sour cream (or more)
1 1/2 c frozen edamame, defrosted in microwave
2 cans tuna, drained
1/2 red or yellow onion, diced
black pepper (no salt needed)
juice of half a lemon
2 c cheddar cheese, grated, divided
1/2 pkg. club or ritz crackers, crushed

-Cook macaroni as usual. Drain. Add next 8 ingredients and mix well in a bowl. Then mix in 1 c of cheese. Pour in 9 x 13 sprayed with cooking spray.
-Sprinkle remaining cup of cheese over top, then sprinkle with cracker crumbs.
-Bake at 425 for 20 minutes or until bubbly and maybe even a little golden.

No comments: