Monday, August 18, 2008

Banana Pudding


This recipe comes from my ward cookbook but it is actually one of the desserts served at Zinn Bistro in SLC. For all you banana lovers, this is an absolute dream! Like banana cream pie! I recommend slicing plenty of fresh, ripe bananas on the side because there is never enough!


2 bags Pepperidge Farms shortbread cookies (Chessmen)

6-8 ripe bananas, sliced

2 C milk

1 (5 oz.) box Instant French Vanilla pudding

1 (8 oz.)pkg. cream cheese, softened

1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk

1 ctn. whipped topping, thawed or sweetened whipped cream


Line a 9x13 dish with one bag of the cookies. Layer bananas on top. In bowl, combine milk and pudding. Blend well. In another bowl, combine cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth. Fold in topping. Add to pudding mixture. Pour over bananas and spread well so the pudding gets into the bananas. Layer the other bag of cookies on top. Refrigerate for 7-8 hours before serving.

2 comments:

Erika said...

I can't believe how good this looks! I want to go make some right now! The cookies are cute-I've never noticed them in the store before. Ryan will love this one!

Erika said...

This is the best recipe in the world!!!!!!! Everyone loved it!!! I like it way better than banana cream pie-I'm making this from now on instead!! The store didn't have french vanilla, so I used regular vanilla pudding and it was great. The chessmen cookies are awesome-so cute, and they look homemade! This recipe is a definite keeper forever!!!