Monday, August 25, 2008

Mango Colada


This recipe is from my most favorite cooking website ourbestbites.com (the picture is from their website also). This was really, really yummy! Cream of coconut is a dream! (you can find it in the alcoholic drink mixers aisle) This would be good too without the pineapple, or even just do a lime/coconut colada. Talk about yummy!!

1 c mango cubes (about 1 mango)
Generous 1/2 c. of pineapple chunks and juice (or syrup) together
Juice of 1 lime
1/3 c cream of coconut (NOT coconut milk)-we added even more!
Crushed ice
pinch of sugar to your liking (we added this)

-Mix all in blender and mix thoroughly until no chunks. Add as much or as little ice as you like.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

We are always up for a new summer drink!!! This sounds so good! Thanks.

Heather said...

I've got to try this one! I have some mangos right now that are smelling up my kitchen because I didn't use them in time (don't you hate that?)and I love the smell! Who needs a candle when you have over ripe fruit in the kitchen?