Thursday, January 8, 2009

Crimson Crunch Jello Salad

(from memory, because my recipe disappeared!!Sorry, I hope it's right)
6oz cherry jello
20 oz crushed pineapple, drained-save juice
1 or 2 cans whole cranberry sauce( I think I used one and a half)
2-3 apples peeled and chopped (I love gala)
1 pomegranate
Frosting:
8oz cream cheese softened
1/3 cup sugar
12oz cool whip
Make your cherry jello with the 2 cups hot water, but instead of adding 2 cups cold water, you will use the juice drained from the pineapple. Don't worry if it's not equal to 2 cups. Then add pineapple, cranberry sauce, apples and half of the pomegranate seeds. Pour into a 9x13. Let set up in fridge. To make frosting, just whip cream cheese and sugar, then stir in coolwhip. Spread over firm jello and sprinkle top with remaining pomegranate seeds. Enjoy ladies!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Yay Holly! I'm so glad you put this on-I was just thinking about it yesterday. I can't wait to make this!

Heather said...

Me too! What a great jello recipe! I could eat it for dessert and be content!