Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sloppy Joes

I know sloppy joes are probably low on your list of high class dinners, but I love them. They are so quick and easy and comforting. Today I tried something different. I took 1 pound hamburger and cooked it with some onions. Then added 2 small cans tomato sauce, 1/4 to maybe 1/2 cup brown sugar (I put enough in til it tasted good and sweet to me) and a 7 oz can of green chilies. Everyone really liked it. Just thought I'd share it with you. We had cheddar cheese on them.

I also liked Holly's version. She used stewed tomatoes and then served them on biscuits that were cut open. It was really good. Did I get that right Holly? It's been a long time.

1 comment:

BrandonandHolly said...

I think Sloppy Joes are the 'white trash' of dinners- and I love them!! Call me white trash.